Payment Deadlines & Mailing Payments
- Taxes are due and payable the first Monday of October each year.
- The deadline to pay taxes is the last day in February of the following calendar year. For example, taxes for the 2018 year become due in October of 2018 and must be paid by February 28, 2019.
- Taxes for 2018 become delinquent on March 1, 2019 -- fees will be added.
- Interest of 1.5% of base tax will be added to any unpaid balance on March 1st after the February payment deadline. Interest will continue to accrue on the first day of each subsequent month until taxes are paid in full.
- The first day of each month begins at 12:00 am CST and is determined by the web server that hosts this site.
- Payment of taxes with a delinquent status of one year or more may be subject to lawsuit charges and other legal fees.
- Tax balances must be paid in full before a tax lien can be removed. All tax-year payoffs will be verified by the Trustee on the date of payment receipt. All taxpayers are responsible for the payment of fees through the date of payment.
Make check or money order payable to "David Lenoir" or "Shelby County Trustee." Mail payment, along with the detached bottom portion of the Tax Notice, to:
David Lenoir, Shelby County Trustee
P.O. Box 2751
Memphis, TN 38101-2751