Do I Qualify?
- Do you own and live in a home in Shelby County that is your primary residence?
- Will you be 65 or older by December 31, 2018?
- Is the total income for you, your spouse, and all parties listed on your property deed $29,270 or less for 2017?
Legislation requires the income of the applicant's spouse to be included,
regardless of ownership and regardless of whether or not the spouse is living
on the property.
You may be eligible for Tax Relief on county and city taxes if you answered “yes” to ALL
To obtain an application (first time applicants only), please call Trustee Customer Service at (901) 222-0200, option 2. Signed applications must be received by April 5, 2019.
Please provide the following along with the Tax Relief application:
- Copy of Medicare cards for all owners
- Copy of Death Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of 2017 income for all owners from all sources