Information Collection & Use
- This policy covers how credit card and E-check information is handled by the Shelby County Trustee's website.
- The Shelby County Trustee does not collect personally identifiable information when you visit the Shelby County Trustee's website or when you use the website for making inquiries about property taxes.
- The Shelby County Trustee does not set and access cookies on your computer.
Credit Card Payments on our Website
- The Shelby County Trustee uses industry standard firewall technology to protect its internal network as well as to protect the privacy rights of visitors to our website.
- In the website areas dealing with payment of taxes by credit card or E-check, the Shelby County Trustee uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- The Shelby County Trustee uses Godaddy for encryption and verification.
E-check Payments on our Website
- Credit card numbers are stored on a secure server in an encrypted format and are accessed for transaction verification only.
- Credit card numbers are not stored in the Trustee's tax receivable system.
- If you contact our office and ask to verify a credit card, Trustee employees will not be able to access and view your credit card number.
- In selecting the E-check payment option, please be advised that the Trustee minimizes the collection of information that personally identifies you or allows you to be contacted ("Personal Profile"). The Trustee uses the profile information to provide you with good customer service and to fulfill legal and regulatory obligations.
- Financial information is stored in a secure area of the Trustee receivable system, and is not available for public viewing. Financial information is stored to fulfill legal and regulatory obligations, and is available only to Trustee personnel and to the originating and receiving depository institutions.
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, the Trustee has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all personal information that the Trustee collects online.
- The Trustee has procedures that limit employee access to your personal information to those employees with a business reason to know. The Trustee educates its employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy through standard operating procedures, training programs, and internal policies.
- The Shelby County Trustee may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.