Appeal the Appraised Value of Your Property

Informal Review

A property owner may request an informal review by the Assessor at any time for questions regarding an appraisal amount or classification. If the property owner disagrees with the results of the informal review, an appeal can be made to the Shelby County Board of Equalization.


Appeals must be made to the Shelby County Board of Equalization by June 30th of the tax year in question. Property owners who do not file within the proper time frame may lose all rights of appeal. For more information, contact the Shelby County Board of Equalization at (901) 222-7300.

If you disagree with the County Board's decision, appeal to the State Board of Equalization within 45 days of the Shelby County Board action per TCA §67-5-1412(e) (PDF). Visit the Tennessee Comptroller website to download a State Board appeal. For additional information, contact the State Board at (615) 401-7883.