Taking Title to Tax Sale Property

For properties sold in a tax sale after January 2017, the Chancery Court Clerk will register the Decree Confirming Sale with the Shelby County Register.  Properties sold at tax sale will include the transfer tax and recording fee. The Decree Confirming Sale will convey the title of the property to the new purchaser. 

For any questions, please contact the Chancery Court Clerk's Office at (901) 222-3900.